Creating Bundles using a CSV file

We have recently added a new feature to allow you to design your Bundles in a CSV file.
This has proven to be very well received with our customers.

• The process is very simple:
  • Connect to Stock&Buy
  • Go to Inventory
  • On the right hand side you will see: “Import Bundles”
  • Follow the wizard.
  • Download the CSV file
  • Design your bundles
  • Upload the final file
  • Refresh the page

Let’s analyze the CSV example we have by default and the format of the file.

Product One

This product has two Bundles (composed variants). The first one is BSKU1, and the second one Is BSKU2. Those Bundles will have two options: Color and Size

Product Two

This product has one Bundle, with no options.

BSKU1

This is a Bundle. A bundle is like a variant as in it lives under a product. Shopify doesn’t see the difference between a Bundle and a variant. Stock&Buy holds the information that this Bundle is composed of three variants:

• SKU1 : 2 Items are part of BSKU1
  • SKU2 : 2 Items are part of BSKU1
  • SKU3 : 2 Items are part of BSKU1

:warning: SKU1, SKU2, SKU3, SKU4, SKU5, SKU6 are all variants that have to exist inside Stock&Buy before the import

:information_source: The bundle automatically calculate its inventory, price, weight, cost from its underlying variants.

:information_source: When a sale is made for the Bundle, its variants are automatically updated as well.

##BSKU2
This is also a bundle part of Product one. It has different components and different option values.

#BSKU3:
Is a bundle part of Product two. This is a simple Bundle (i.e no options).

Therefore, the final results is: 2 Products, one with two bundles, and one with one bundle.

How should I choose Bundle options?

For simple products, like shirts or shoes, options are simple to think of: Color, Size ect… But when it comes to Bundles, the option become trickier, why?
Well, you are composing different products (variants) to make a new product, thus you have to think of it as such, and how you want your users to identify it.

Let’s take a simple example: you want to sell socks + shoes (and for this example, we assume we have only one color for both).

• Socks come in different sizes: 35,36,37,38.
  • Shoes come in different sizes 35,36,37,38

How should we name this so that the final customer doesn’t get confused?

Different naming alternatives

• One option “Size” : This could work but would be confusing which size we are talking about, shoe size or sock size. Still you can name the options like: “Sock 36 - Shoe 37” and that would work.
  • Two options “Size” and “Size” : This is better, but still confusing. Plus Stock&Buy and Shopify don’t allow two options to have the same name (for obvious reasons)
  • Two options “Sock - Size” , and “Shoe - Size” : This is much better, the customer knows exactly which size they are choosing when buying a bundles variant from the store.

Summary

Bundles options are a combination of the underlying variants, thus you have to be a little creative in coming up with options for the Bundle. The most important thing is that it should be obvious for the final buyer on what those options mean.

Hello
I have a tricky bundle I want to add via CSV file:
There are 3 products in the bundle. Each product has 5 variants
After looking at the Demo file I am unsure how to lay this out.

Bundle SKU = Product 1 SKU (5 varients) + Product 2 SKU (5 varients) + Product SKU (5 varients)

I think that is 125 potential options
I’d be really happy if smeone could put it into a csv so I could fill in the blanks!

Hi there,
Sorry for the late reply.
Have you managed to get through this?
I strongly suggest you take a look at our definition of the bundling functionality before you dive into creating bundles through CSV which is fairly complex :slight_smile:

/Tahar