Stock adjustments are intended to correct and adjust inventory levels. Stock adjustments are very useful, for example, to correct the quantity of an item after a stock take or to write off damaged, promotional and returned units. It can also be used to handle user errors when entering new inventory. The Stock adjustment feature in Stock&Buy is designed to make adjustments to individual products, and provide more clarity on why changes were made.
To create a stock adjustment:
- Go to Stock Control on the main menu tab.
- Click on Adjust inventory, located towards the top right of the page. This should bring you to the Adjustment page.
- Select the reason of the inventory adjustment
- Enter the products and variants to be adjusted, their corresponding costs and quantities. Note that you can enter negative quantities if you would like to subtract stock from your inventory.
- A comments field is available for your if you need more space to describe the change you are making.
- Creating a stock adjustment will automatically update products and variants quantities in all connected sales channels.
- Stock adjustments should never be used to add purchased inventory or remove shipped inventory which should be handled in the Purchase order or Sales orders views, respectively.
- Inventory should always be received into stock against a purchase order and removed from stock for sales by shipping units out (completed sales orders).
- When items are added or removed from inventory, an accounting journal is automatically posted in order to adjust the asset value of inventory.