Stock-taking is the physical verification of the quantities and condition of items held in an inventory or warehouse. This may be done to provide an audit of existing stock or to update online sale channels with the correct inventory levels to ensure customers do not order items which aren’t availble. Stock-taking may be performed as an intensive annual, end of fiscal year, procedure or may be done continuously by means of a cycle count.
How to do a stocktake within Stock&Buy
- Go to Stock Control page
- On right hand side click on the “Stock take” button
- A wizard will pop up, the first page will allow you to download your current inventory
- Download the file and open it in Excel or Numbers.
- Make the changes needed (explained below) and upload the file again.
Stock&Buy will automatically create the necessary adjustements for both quantities, MAC, and purchase prices.
##Stocktake format and inventory reconciliation
The file is a simple csv file, which has the following columns:
- Id: The product variant ID. This is a mandatory field which cannot be be omitted.
- Poduct name: Your product name. Please don’t update this column, it is just for your convenience.
- SKU: Stock Keeping Unit for each variant.
- Cost: The MAC for a single unit for this variant. You don’t need to update this, it is here just for your reference.
- PurchasePrice: The price you pay for your products (per unit). This is also just for reference, please don’t modify.
- Quantity: This is the current inventory that Stock&Buy knows about.
- Wholesale price: The product variant whole sale price (*)
- Retail price: The product variant sale price (*)
- Compare price (wholesale and retail): The product variant compare price (*)
- Tags: The product tags
- Product type: The product type
(*) All prices must be specified in your base currency
This feature can be used for exporting all your current inventory, make offline sales, and upload the file again when you are completed. We will automatically create the proper inventory adjustments. If you have connected stores (Shopify, WooCommerce, ect…), they will automatically receive the new adjusted quantities.
All columns, except the Id column, are optional and can be removed if you do not which to update the corresponding product property.